Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Short Thoughts on How to Open My Heart to Scriptures

   It seems to me that the different churches receive different kinds of messages, many things have been wrongly interpreted because we don't understand Paul's heart for the people he is writing to.  When I see that the Corinthians were practicing asceticism and going to the extreme of not marrying I understand why Paul wrote to them certain things about marriage.  For understanding this it was particularly helpful when I read the messages to the seven churches in Revelation.  If I decide to read an Epistle from front to back I can now pray and give up my thoughts to God as I read it so that whatever is in line with me and what I need to receive would be drawn in and what isn't for me would be left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment